I enjoyed meeting Michael Stephens at his Forum last week - the research results sound like they will be interesting reading.
Also appreciated the opportunity to hear Noel Pearson at QPLA - found his comments on elevating disadvataged groups thought provoking. Then had a very interesting afternoon hosting the local studies library tour.
It was great to meet people from all over at the Conference and also at the SLQ training. All up a very intellectually stimulating week!
Online databases: My favourite is Newsbank - has made answering numerous queries on the Info Desk quick and easy. I have also recently participated in a couple of SLQ's online database training sessions. The databases all have many features I was not aware of prior to the training.
I liked the Science Journals 'create a web page' feature. It must make it very easy to return to any relevant sources you have located, even if you only retain it for personal reference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment